Police Shooting, Beatings, and Tasings
Police officers have a difficult job, but they are paid to serve the public — with taxpayers' money. When an officer breaks the law through the use of excessive force or other abusive or corrupt conduct, he or she can be held accountable through a civil lawsuit.
If you or a loved one was mistreated by police, seeking the advice of an experienced lawyer will help you understand what recourse you have. Our firm can provide you and your family with that type of advice.
Fighting And Winning Police Shooting and Beating Cases
At the Law Offices of Kathleen T. Zellner & Associates, we have won many civil rights lawsuits on behalf of citizens who were harmed by police officers who abused their power. Attorney Kathleen T. Zellner is known throughout the country as a fighter for justice. Ms. Zellner and her team handle cases involving:
- Police misconduct that was covered up
- Police beatings and other violent conduct perpetrated during arrests and while suspects were in custody
- The inappropriate use of handcuffs, pepper spray, tasers and other equipment during arrests and traffic stops
- Defenseless individuals who were shot by police while unarmed
- Jail or prison abuse of prisoners including deliberate indifference to their medical needs
Every case is different. Unfortunately, our firm is not able to handle every case involving persons whose civil rights have been violated by law enforcement. However, we provide responsive, results-oriented service to every client we represent.